“After painting for more than 30 years, I am still wholeheartedly committed to painting what I love – wildlife and nature. I take my inspiration from what I see around me in my home state of Wisconsin as well as on my vacations around the world.”
James is a Signature member of the Society of Animal Artists who resides in Port Washington.
Although largely self-taught, James has done workshops with such acclaimed wildlife artists as Robert Bateman, Guy Coheleach, Bob Kuhn, Robert Abbett and John Seery-Lester. His passion for the outdoors, hunting and fishing, gives him the inspiration to paint what he sees and experiences. Some of his most recent accomplishments include:
• Juried into Birds in Art, Wausau, WI – 2017
• Juried into Art in the Animal Show of Great Lakes Artists Show in Charlevoix Michigan at Circle of Arts in 2017.
• Juried into WIldScapes at Bennington Center for the Arts in Bennington Vermont – 2017
• Juried into 2017 Art in the Animal, Society of Animal Artists Show, opening at Hiram Blauvelt Museum in New Jersey – 2017
•Juried into 2017 Artists for Conservation Show, Vancouver, B.C.
• Invitational to Wildlife Biannual at Miller Art Museum, Sturgeon Bay, WI – 2017